Are you interested in obtaining flexible and highly rewarding educational work? Are you a qualified teacher with VIT registration?
APTUTORING are currently searching for suitably qualified and passionate primary school teachers in the Bayside region south of Melbourne to join us as tutors.
You can find out more about working with us below.
Who can apply for a tuition position?
APTUTORING regularly hires new primary and secondary teachers who share our passion for providing high quality educational programs and making a real difference in student’s lives. If you are such a teacher and you meet the requirements below, then fill out the application form on this page, because we’d love to hear from you!
We are actively seeking secondary teachers who:
- Have VIT Registration and a strong knowledge of Victorian Curriculum F–10 / VCE
- Live in the Glen Waverley region, south-east of Melbourne
- Have a car and a valid driver’s licence
- Can commit to a long term role as a tutor
- Can teach for a minimum of four hours a week
- Are dependable and reliable professionals with high communication skills
- Are available after school hours on weekdays and/or Saturdays
Please Note: All applicants must have the right to work in Australia. APTUTORING is not in a position to sponsor any candidate.
About the Position
APTUTORING provides personalised one-on-one in home tuition to primary, secondary and VCE students throughout Melbourne in a range of academic subjects.
Students who are ‘flying under the radar’ in the classroom at school often need much more individualised and focused help. Individual Tuition at APTUTORING is designed to help such students become better learners, develop foundational skills or knowledge, improve their educational achievements, and reach their academic goals, through individualised curriculum and intensive one-on-one help with a qualified teacher.
Tutors of Individual Tuition will find this type of teaching very rewarding, for a range of pedagogical reasons:
- Enables tutors to work with students for a long time and gives them a close up view of student progress and success
- Enables tutors to develop good rapport with students and make a difference in the life of a child who is struggling at school
- Helps tutors develop good academic differentiation skills for the classroom
- Offers tutors ‘informal PD’ with a close up look at how students learn and react to different pedagogies
- Increases a tutor’s knowledge of a subject area by teaching a wider range of year levels an exposing them to the worksheets and activities of other teachers
- CRTs also gain experience in curriculum/worksheet creation
For more information on Individual Tuition, please visit the student information page here.
If you fit the above description, please fill in the form below and attach your current CV to apply for the position online. If you would like further information before applying, then please contact Mark or Anthea at the APTUTORING office on (03) 9707 2761.